Sunday 14 May 2023

Green Shoots At The Horizon


My pen is chocked by the pandemic

under self quarantine she lies numb

making my being lame and dumb,

but my mind is awake and alert

to the rise and fall of the kings and crowns

long lines of knights and clowns

legions of honour and ignominy

I am the receptor of history

the preceptor of mad reveries.

 

I have seen and felt the gloom

of mighty men rolling in blood

inviting doom by bravery and ego,

floods of tears I have swum

and walked on the debris of civilization

counting the great follies of mankind .

 

Wounds oozing pus grieved me,

men and women howling in pain

teeth grinding revenge have pierced

my soul billion times changed hue

from green to red and pale yellow

yet I am here alone and hurt,

should I give up in despair

shaming my Maker forever?

 

No I will rise and collect the bones

whisper life into them with my burning love

bring glow to their faces, wipe tears

pour in them the sauce of life

and shout with all my life force.

Arise O fallen and vanquished

life is not a grave's mold.

breathe and infuse the vital grace

into the retro the listless and start

fighting to beat the end again

make all ends your new beginning.


 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New