Sunday 21 May 2023

Charcoal


I am no diamond or gold

I am a frame of coal

my heart is cherry red

when heated in fire,

my soul beats unmusical

but love reigns all over me.

 

No one touches me for fear

lest he- she should be black

none sees my pure heart

none perceives its crimson glow,

so be it I say and burn with a smile.

 

Oh dear they do not know

it’s me who burn to turn into Diamond

poor fellows do not wait and watch

my fireborn transformation.

People lay heap of roses for me

after I am out of the fire cell,

they adorn me with pride and prestige

Kings, Emperors, lovers present me

as Love to their loved ones

in million ways and billion moods.

 

So be it I say, and I am ready

again to go into the fire cell.


Sabita Sahu

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New