Sunday 13 August 2017

Memory And Dream




I wish I could relive my childhood
Sprightly pure and innocent
Ready to defy the dictates
Of kings and lords, my own master
As I was: but how fast, before
I realised the days were gone
Leaving me memory stuck.

Now as I sit alone in my
Lonely room, like slides they come
In quick succession those glorious days
Inviting my lazy bones to go for
A swing ride to the open sky,
Rising to the tree tops and touching stars
And falling with a fearsome thrill
To land again on the soft grass
Playing hide and seek with
Heaven and earth!

It felt like yesterday sitting
In the corner of my room, mending
The racket broken by my brother
In a mock fight over the new cock-
Shouting – never to talk to me again
But when he hugged me from behind
My anger was gone the next moment.

I wish I was a kid again
Playing Kabbadi, Kho-Kho and
Badminton with all those who are
Now slow, busy and lonely
Recycling time to spring again
Singing tuneless songs to mock at
The fights of the high and mighty
And long for the mother’s lap
The celestial bed on earth
And sleep away the divide and rule
The games played by the fools
And wake up to a new world!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding those beautiful days with you r beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The childhood days will alwys be the special memory to recall....
    Those days which cant revert....Ur wrds drove me to my childhood....Keep publishing more n looking forward for ur latest posts....

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice lines.In every ones life child hood is the best phase of life,and which the person remembers through out his life.keep going .God bless u.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is very true, childhood is the best phase in one's life.wonderfully drafted and thanks for taking me to the memory lane....keep on writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bhauja - Nice to see your writings. It brought a flash of memories back.

    ReplyDelete

Forever New