Sunday 11 April 2021

My Erratic Clock

The clock in me is erratic

often the alarm goes

at ungodly hours

shaking me to find

the moonless night

whispering horror horror

It stalks my moods

but I am helpless.

 

My schedules go awry

when I sit determined

to read the new book

whistle comes from the street

to hand over the garbage bin.

When I sing in joy

how tuneless it may be

my foot dashes against

my study table and

I shout for  volini gel.

 

At times telephonic command comes

asks me to attend the meeting

I say yes and smile within

I am tilling the wasteland

of my life watering with tears

which defy self control.

 

How to set my clock

it ticks, stops goes tik - tik

I can't throw it away

nor can  I thank it

for making my dull routine

clamorous, vociferous

with uninvited logos.

 

 Sabita Sahu


No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New