Sunday 11 April 2021

DRAUPADI - XV

 

Prafulla Kumar Mohanty's 

DRAUPADI - XV


Thank you Draupadi said Vasudev

while guards and others led by Alpana

receded beyond sight leaving Draupadi

and Krishna for a divine moment

of eye contact in uncoded silence

only the elements knew

what they breathed into each other.

 

O Fair Fireborn  I felt your fiery

message in your gift,

I hope your heart was in its own place

when you thought of the gift.

The lotus blooming petal feathers

to couch a lifetime of love!

 

Krishna looked deep in the eyes of Draupadi,

what role do you propose to play in history?

A bland onlooker of my play

or a  protagonist of your own world

firewalking to ambrosiac essence

leading and being led to grasp

may be time's sprouts of fresh

challenges to show you are one

in body mind and soul?


My dear Draupadi, you are on this earth

far from your lost memories of Fire and Ice,

what do you think of our men and soil

O daughter of fire, speak up, your smile

intrigues me and rolls me beyond the elements!

Draupadi ventured,   do I  have  any role or

do I float in the current in helpless rage?

 

Yes, you have a role, you child of destiny

you will cause a river of blood and swim

to rediscover Dharma

on the shore of a new Aryabarta,

I have settled the issue of your marriage

with your father king Drupad, he wants

a true revenge hero as your life mate

and the best archer of the world shall be

your father's son-in-law through  a test

in a grand Swayanbar!

              If a fool wins the test

what lifemate will he make, smirked Draupadi.

 

Wait and see dear hold your horses

your life will be stormy yet fulfilling

you are here on earth to change humanity.

I shall be your Sakha

and you my Sakhi till the ice

burns in fury to conceive

new seeds of creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New