Sunday 7 February 2021

Brave New Life

 



The road leads me elsewhere 

no where will be appropriate

but cruel to  the planners who wish

to make the world an imagined heap

of flats topped by TV antennas, pots

some plants of flower unscented by chemicals

and in the small drawing rooms children

fire plastic guns watch comics and laugh

parents play the mobiles for money transfers

online booking of grocery medicines, clothes

the office starts in the bedrooms both

looking east and west in nighties and pyajamas

pitch high stakes over cups of tea.

 

Where are the trees gone  where are the

rivers changing courses on cement beds

to feed the commercial projects cashless?

The sky is dark over LED rooms, the flute

does not swim the air to reach my ear

the midnight bash, picnics appear unreal

I don't miss his Princess call

I measure my space in spaceless world

to stay away from all infections.


Sabita Sahu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New