Sunday 31 January 2021

Your Jagannath And My Jagannath



Your Jagannath is not

free to be the atom universe,

you visit a prisoner in your

multicrore temple made of stone

wood gold and other royal gems

where you feed him, present him

food, money and gold

and ask him for luck, wealth

success and all good things

which your desires prompt.

He does not respond to 

your supplications.

How can he? When you have 

imprisoned him with your proud

display of wealth and architectural skills,

lest he wanders away

to lavish bounties on others!


My Jagannath is free

he is everywhere -

up down in sky earth and air,

He loves me as I love him

he holds me and kisses me

at time ditches me when

most I need him to test my faith

I see him feel him.

I never feed him - He does

I never speak to him  - He does

I never touch him - He does:


He encloses me in  his vastness

whispers to me as my true lover

Hey! Work hard, Love more

I am with you in sweet and sour.


Your temple is too small for life

My Jagannath is the temple of life

I Live him every breath.


Sabita Sahu



No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New