Sunday 3 January 2021

My Flapping New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021


My new year is in the calendar

the model's eyes reflect light

a half smile flashes on her lips

some Lakme lipstick of a new hue

the wall fails to steady the pages.

 

The fog has disappeared yet

the full splendour of the sun

is still days away, I sit under

the noonday sun and warm up

for free service till midnight.

 

My old dreams are buried here

under the thick layer of the dust

on my book shelf and my work out kit

is half eaten by white ants

why they are not red like lipstick

on the models priceless smile

well I don't know.

 

Now I have new dreams

this new year like the Corona

I will vaccinate the new year

not to catch any human infection

for mutation here is beyond labs:

I am here to insulate myself

against light sound and music.

 

Sabita Sahu


No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New