Sunday 21 June 2020

If You Are Not Deaf...


I don't know whether the deity of deities 
will come out of  his  sanctum sanctorum or not
but I have come my Lord
all the way just for a glance,
I have nothing to ask for
you have filled with many a treasure
of daily void and routine pleasure.
I don't ask for your gem studded throne
your pleasure palaces or tall chariots
I have no need for earthly toys,
if you wish redeem my mortality with love.

I sulked, waited for your call
love is the motion of my mind and soul
love is that I need all
without which I am a body machine.

If you can -
take me with your stumps
and wear me in your heart:
I'll return to my  hole,
If you reject me I'll wait
and wait till you merge me in you
for the celebration of love's glory.
End my wait lord, grant me Love
Love is my breath and being
for that is what your creation is.

Sabita Sahu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New