Sunday 14 June 2020

Added One More

What though the cake was uncut
the candle unlit, the claps unheard
My birthday came and went as I would.

The roses were dust free, touch free
the unshowered petals were fragrant
the unseen friends were full of wishes
the forests carried the message of waves
my maidenhood, womanhood, motherhood
all turned a leaf to discover wonder
O' how pure things are in the eyes of love.

My lingering sunrise  is past the noon
the heat radiation is unbearable.
But the shadows  now will lengthen
my eye lashes, the pauses will increase
the lumber pain will remind my youth.
So what my ears still crave for the flute
my eyes still waver over the plumes
and my heart beats for his rhythms
as I begin the descent to the runways
I built over the years with lonely pride.

Tomorrow again the cake will come
the candles will be bright and the hand
will guide me to my burst of light.
Everyday I am born into  new life
a new reality of love's juvenescence
goes past my juvenilia to visionary gleam
and my death shall be my last Birthday.

Sabita Sahu


No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New