Sunday 7 June 2020

Half Truth

I don't know how many moons
became full and sank at the horizon
the last three months are a blur
disappeared like the forgotten eclipse.

Sky  I did not watch although
I am a moon gazer watching wakeful
the changing colours - silver to yellow
when dreams evade my imagination
despite pill induced sleep late very late
but I wake up with a dream half remembered
half startling me to a sweaty morning,
I try to recollect my dream sipping
my half cup tea tasteless odorless.

I need not rush anywhere
no bus to catch, no office to push files
I start the computer for the pending work
when my cell phone rings
Good morning Princess Sophie - Good morning
Yes, Good morning my Prince charming
but who is this Sophie
You, you my love, today you are Sophie
yesterday you were Juliet,
Tomorrow you'll be Satanica - ha-ha !

Breakfast comes, messages flow
I  walk to the bathroom to get ready
for another day of social Sabbath
God sleeps and I wake to life.

Sabita Sahu



No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New