Sunday 20 November 2022

Walking Janas

 

When I go to a temple

to ask for a wish -

I always think

what wish can any deity fulfil

when they wait endlessly

for the temple priest

to bathe and feed them

decorate them with flowers

to attract people.

 

Today the priests never discuss

what the people want

what human problems are

they simply chant the slokas

and slowly move away

to which we smile as if

we understood the meaning,

the looks of the idols don't change

the expressions are sealed

by the hands who made them.

I have what I want

what I don't have I don't need

I am full self sufficient

I love myself -

I am not sologamus -

I am full of love for

the people around me

if no one needs me

no one calls me

doesn't matter,

I call my God

in my daily shadow play.

 

It is not enough to live one life

eating, running to the hospitals

doing errands and living

every moment half dead

half alive like the 'Janas'.

 

Sabita Sahu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New