Sunday 23 October 2022

Interviewing God

I am now at my table

littered by books and notes

What shall I write?

Shall I write -

If the sky turns turtle

and becomes an inverted bowl,

will we all fall into it

in flesh and blood

and offer to the earth?

No- no that is absurd.

 

I will interview God -

My first question will be-

 now that you have created life

and its myriad forms

how do you fill your leisure

Do you enjoy- the communal riots

the pandemic, the corona virus

changing form and character

as we change clothes

four times a day.

 

Do you enjoy the Ukraine war

the blasted buildings

bombed out cities

homeless streetless

roadless vacant debris

and the party changing man

hiding their own shame

in seven star hotels.

 

God looked at me

Did I permit you to interview me?

I looked at him-

Why you are our Father our creator

for you there are so many

temples, churches mosques

do I have no right to ask my father

God chopped in -

Yes yes I have given you rights

you can ask but

ask only one thing:

Does God need to reply

to questions which are wrong?

 

God smiled again

if you don't want to play

this power game of life

come and sleep in my lap.


Sabita Sahu


No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New