Sunday 18 September 2022

Thus Spake The Sea


What sound what water

what jewels in my belly

what foam at my mouth

you poets you don’t know me

you use metaphors to introduce me

to fellow humans:

I am time

I am vast self flowing

embracing the earth

and all sea holes.

 

You come and play at my shores

throw wet sand at your beloved

I laugh and roar it away.

But when you Titanic and Warships

tear into my belly I swallow them.

When Blizzards and Hurricane

my angry fangs at your mischief

appear you shrink into

your cowardly shell

with pegs of whiskey

 

Come and watch me

how beautiful I am

I change colours

I change the moon beams

I change the sun mild and wild

come watch me

I am life live like me

don’t rival me

for that I’ll be your doom.


Sabita Sahu


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New