Sunday 25 September 2022

Dream Parade


Could not sleep last night

I don’t want to know why

although I normally sleep like a log

but what dreams what visions

I wish all my nights were

like last night.

 

I saw I was fishing

the bait caught a big fish

may be shark

no no how could it be

sharks are never found in tanks –

anyway I’ll try to pull it hard

but the fishing rod slipped

away from my hand

and I fell on my back:

I woke up with a start

and felt that pain

in my back.

 

The next was funny

a woman ran out of a house

chased by a rod

may be a magic one as

no hand was seen holding it.

The woman entered my room

and fell on me fully in nude –

startled I jumped on the bed

laughing soundlessly

and tried to sleep again.

 

The other dreams were dim

sporadic and short:

I knew dreams are dreams

insubstantial irrelevant

yet I see my dancing

in orgiastic humour.

 

I want to have a dream

in my hands of love

feeding the separation stuck

sad souls with dream nourishment:

What are dreams meant for

if not for love?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New