Sunday 4 September 2022

No Questions

Sorrows come like familiar neighbours

asking for salt and sugar at odd times,

I never bother,

Pleasure comes without provocation

but I celebrate, cut cakes on Birthdays

go out for dinner on Anniversaries.

 

There are like sweat of the body

which oozes out for their own purpose

but come to think of it

no one asks me how does the sky look

to the designer dresses I make:

Am I a poor artisan of life

or a genius artist ununderstood.

 

I ask myself questions

because I have no answers to anything

life, misfortune every occasion

ending in despair, the lonely lotus

dying unseen somewhere.

 

If everything is a puzzle

why ask questions and

wait for answers

thereby losing the moments

you could walk hand in hand

with your love at a secret rendezvous.


Sabita Sahu


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New