Sunday 3 July 2022

The Truth of Lies


When my eyes are open

I see inverted landscape

upturned I walk on the stars

which break like dry leaves:

when my eyes are closed

I see gods walk on the streets

playing lyres for self amusement

dams bridges waterbodies

lose their symmetry in sheltering dark

men float weightless as in space.

 

What shall I do now ?

Open or close my eyes

to stay away from inversions

distortions in choric cacophony?

Doctors are useless for me

while dozing opium fed.

 

Why should I believe them

and not trust my eyes?

If my sight and blindness

give me another world

where men and non humans are

absurd drawings of a cripple

let me kick this world

with all my might to reshape

by force the unshaped things:

I now know shape non shape

light and shade are the same

like a lovelorn man desiring

Me seen unseen and unreal!

What a laugh, my eyes are true

what is untrue is the world.


 Sabita Sahu

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New