Sunday 10 July 2022

Deserted Ocean

Who needs food now

when the boat is sinking

in the ocean of deserts:

and food four times a day

kitchens, hotels, roadside kababs

these never make me live

a dead rat in a grannary

I rot, none gave me the

tonic to revive my desires.

I am born to die

not to eat eat and eat

I am hungry to see mating clouds

birthing, lightings

I am hungry for the warm kiss

which will hydrate

my passion for life

revive my lethargy like poetry

in the race course of nothings.

 

He left promising acres of diamond

gods always promise good life

like the unpaid astrologer

in a friendly banter.

 

He is now, I hear

the child of immortality

feeding on honeydew

in some uncharted land

let me fly away to him

to chart his mortality.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New