Sunday 15 May 2022

My Love Is Dumb


If you feel love is a statement

a declaration of intent, a wordy

musical round in showy glamour

I don’t know what to say

I love you is a cliché a hackneyed

slogan reassuring the weak.

 

I have nothing to declare

except my silent prayer before God

make my love outlive your Time.

 

Dinner parties picnics orgies

like Krishna’s Rasa I hate,

I am Radha in my small kunj

always hungry of your presence

come if you love me, I have

all the stars in party drunk mood.

 

Foreign trips, cruises in luxury yacht

are all here in my small hut

the sea invites, the sky offers space,

the planets in the solar system

are ready to be gopis in our Rasa.

 

Love happens like the tides

swelling when the moon is full

love is not a turkey breast to be

chewed and swallowed with champaign

my love is God’s elixir

let’s drink together to immortality.


Sabita Sahu.


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New