Sunday 17 April 2022

Hunger


I am never hungry

whether my plate is full or empty,

I am never hungry for

social media adulations,

never desire for seven star palace

nor am I hungry for diamond

or the peacock throne,

I never fidget on my three leged chair

yet I wait for the crown of fortune

sitting on my head with the premium of love.

 

But love too is rare as sunshines

in the dark desert of my heart

but should I weep when my love

swims across the oceans

to bring something more

beautifu;l than Beauty’s self

straining his nerves for more

and more to put all jewels on me?

 

No my love I am hungry

for your kind words and care

if you bring the best dishes

from heaven’s kitchen

I’ll not be full

I won’t even touch it:

I am hungry for your touch

satiate my hunger if you love me

as I love you.


Sabita Sahu.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New