Sunday 21 November 2021

Where's The Bashful Virgin Gone !


Where's The Bashful Virgin Gone!


Where was she hanging out

in the edges of the fields

or in the garden

in the light breeze like a

fascinating way wanderer

lazing lass.

 

Whose long  hair was playing

ripples on her cheeks,

musk rose juice dripping

from her  throat  drop by drop

like mystery in my ears,

my dream is now shattered

where's the lazing lass?

 

Whose anklet rhythm  was like Shiva's  love

dancing to the beats of  the dambroo

luscious lips were smiling like the half moon-

where is she!

 

What was she to  me

like my dear laughing friend

or the shadow of my mind

of early youth that was lost

in the noise of crackers and conch

under the Krushnachuda tree

who suddenly disappeared

in a palki within an eyeblink

holding the wings of the wind

like a crane to the starland!

 

Come back to me, O my dear friend

my soul's alter ego

I wish to hear your voice  again

who knitted pearls with grass

who tied plates with vine of hope

come back to me, untangle

time's cobwebs from my cheek

with your fingers

swing me in the dream basket

I'll wake up like a spring breeze

with you to pick flowers from

the Princes' garden

to decorate life again.


Sabita Sahu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New