Sunday 18 July 2021

Victory


What pleases me

I asked myself?

Sipping my morning tea,

watching the dewy grass,

crimson sun tearing the clouds

or the morning onulom vilom,

I don't know.

 

When I sit down to

take my breakfast,

my mind flies to my

school days ;ringing of the

prayer bell, classroom noise

suddenly gets disturbed

 by the cooker whistles.

 

When I sit at my study

going through Arjun's  vishad jog

I think of my dead father's struggle

my ailing neighbour's suffering

I turn aside the Gita

and turn the pages of

'Alice in the wonderland'.

 

Watching the crescent

moon's struggle to outclass the

clouds in colour and sweep.

The word victory flashes in mind

and my pen flows  to write

VICTORY BE TO LIFE.

 

Victory pleases me

victory in love, life ,career

but in the noises of life

victory's canons fall silent

sights of glory recede

doesn't matter where.

I am here again searching

the undefined resources,

I shall find

the needle in the haystack.


Sabita Sahu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New