Sunday 18 July 2021

Sleepless For Sleep


Winter nights make my thoughts

longer without solutions to my pain

dreams have opted out abandoning

my world infested body and mind

I lay numb on the bed of my facts

my children tell me grandma tales

try to make me sleep a few hours

but they sleep around me making it

hard for me to take them to bed.

 

He knows where is the shore

or the shoreless seas of his dreams

I wait like Penelope, my spinning

has stopped, my fingers are frozen

I don't know whether the suitors are

still waiting to glimpse my pristine beauty.

 

What will make me sleep, poison

potions or his return with gifts

of exotic pearls for my hair

an advertisement for new elixirs

my youthful head in memory swings

dethrones me momentarily 

If I was she, who am I  now

still waiting for sleep  wearing

his gifts in his arms!


Sabita  Sahu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New