Sunday 2 May 2021

Stop This Deluge


The bell has stopped ringing

the cash register has stopped tinkling

the smell of cooking has stopped tingling

but the bell continues tolling

for the corona escapees in mourning

 

I cannot raise my hands in despair

for the lined up beds in corridors

in million hospitals everywhere

I can close my eyes in prayer.

 

Who has sent this hydra headed monster

God or the Devil to wipe off life here

these unseen vipers change shape

to enter all shapely bodies in vile

vengefulness for what I do not know.

 

But let me stand opening all pores

to invite all viruses to enter me

and save mankind this deluge

to rise again in divine form

 

If my prayer is ugly is ultra vires

show your contempt god to hack

my body into trillion pieces but

save  the best of your creation

to keep the flames of life aloft

to light up Love and Virtue.


Sabita Sahu

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New