Sunday 14 March 2021

I Am The First Born



The sky is mine

land and sea

stars and planets

all are mine-

don't divide the

elemental universe

into genders,

I am  woman

I give birth to man

nurse him bring him up,

I teach him the first

letter 'Ma' 'Mother'

how can my progeny

my children divide the world.


Man is my creation

I am Aditi- next to none-

I will break all shackles

and move freely

lavishing my love

on everything on everyone

that breathes or is still.

 

I now drive, navigate, fly

swim and set new benchmarks

the world is open for me

as it is for you,

let not our freedoms clash

amity is beyond freedom

I extend my arms to

embrace all nuances of life,

join me if you wish

and respect me

for I deserve as

the first born of God.


Sabita Sahu

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New