Sunday 7 March 2021

DRAUADI - X

 

Prafulla Kumar Mohanty's 


DRAUPADI - X

The Krishna Sensation

 

History is not man's chambermaid

nor mistress,  to carry the message

of the past to future unborn,

man makes history and forwards it

by preserving memories

like treasures of gold

to dazzle future men with wonder.

Father let's make this occasion momentous

said Dhristadyumna with a knowing smile

the king nodded, He is godlike wise  and clever

never lose your guard, we need his favour.

 

Returning to the chamber Draupadi

fell on the silk sheets thinking of Vasudev

Who is he, how does he look,

What are his needs, what is he as man

How to guaze his mind

Who can tell?

Before I greet him I must know about him

his tastes, his fancies, a bit of his past

he is a legend, they say, a Hero

of many exploits, amorous, adventurous forays

into uncharted territories have left behind

many a tale of wonder

for admirers to gloat over:

I wish he were here now

I cannot wait a whiff when

Krishna is in everyone's heart

I must see myself

whether he is  real or an icon

for weak hearted mortals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New