Sunday 14 February 2021

I Am Free Yet Connected


When I say I am good

why should anyone dispute.

By what logic, what standards

how do you measure -

merit or sin?

 

If I move in a public park alone

talking to myself who are you

to call me mad or a slut demented?

If I feed sick and diseased dogs

on  my dining table how does

it earn me merit and how will

Chitragupta record and weigh 

to send me to heaven or hell?

 

You tell me to mind my own business,

Tell me which business is not mine?

Whether the sun is late is my business

if it rains all night flooding my garden

it's my business-

Your dark suit should be matched

with a Turtle tie is also my business

your lunch, dinner

your libidinous needs and neighbour's sleep

all are my business:

For the world is mine

Life is mine.


I am free yet connected to all

tell me how will you measure me ?


Leave me to my own devices

I will take my life to my finger tips

merit or sin - I don't care.

I know life is precious and

it cannot be measured or rated

wait till my death for my life's worth.


Sabita Sahu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New