Sunday 8 December 2019

Midnight Flash


When thunder rolls
night tightens into 
a tough knot of blindness,
I open my hair and wait
for the sky wind
to bring messages -
I don't know from where.

I seem to hear words
endearing and full of
perhaps -love.
When the sky clears
the knot melts away
in the sunshine I listen
to a loud range of
disconsolate rubbish
and then I love the world.

I love the world for -
its mysteries,
its drum shot riddles
and then I discover -
Love.
I rush out with my
flowing hair, coughing,
sneezing and panting
to catch the fleeting words
the sounds and the  silences
of the bygone centuries.

when flowers bloom,
birds  fly in sky,
everyone moves  their way
to be rooted somewhere
I never bother and ignore
all that men and women
loved and hated- I realize
no I was never in love.

Sabita Sahu


No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New