Sunday 1 September 2019

The Sea Calls Me - Sandra !


 

May be my dainty footprints
on the sand reminded
him of our unflinching love
of time tested bonds beyond births,
Sandra- He called me while I was
bowing down to Lord Jagannath.

His call invited me in lovely rhythms
the midnight rain of the season
pushed my steps to the shore
the beach was lonely, dark sombre,
the waves gave me a roaring welcome
wet, shaky and  ecstatic I stood
Sandra, he called again in foamy delight
spreading his wide mouth to kiss my feet,
but when I advanced  he receded.

O' sea take me in
enter my soul and body
my mortal eternity of separation
I pine birth after birth
quench the fire and calm my soul.
give me the depth of your being,
O'  'Father of Fire' give me light
to find my way to complete the circle
my agony is too much for my life
fill me up , be one with me
come with one final roar make me
one with you  be my saviour my love!

Sabita Sahu


No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New