Sunday 17 March 2019

Never Too Late


When I longed for you with desire
to hold me, cuddle me, and touch me
to wakefulness you turned away.
When I stretched my hand of trust
to  walk along the path of life
you folded your hands insolently.
When in despair I wished to feel you
in my arms you vanished and
left me like lifeless nothing.

Now when my flames are drying
waiting to merge in the unseen
untraced eternities of nature
when my sight has failed,
ears half listen to the shudder at the wind
you appear like Prince charming
to profess your undying love
which sounds like untimely farewell!

Are you the messenger of life
to revive my body and mind
for the last flicker of light
to blow away the embers a whiff
to illuminate the path of my last steps??

Sabita Sahu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New