Sunday 22 January 2023

I Have To Say Something

 


Today I wish to say

I am full, complete

swelling with my wants

desires, frustrations

the ebb tide of my oceans

are spilling over the brim

of my suffocated soul.

 

If you ask me how I am full

then listen -

My sentences are complete

with speech rhythm

mind rhythm vast and full

overflowing with a lull.

My treasury of pain is full

untold unshared voided splendour

my splintered life's sorrow too

is brimming full.

 

What's not there in my world:

conflict between truth and falsehood

love and betrayal

and the joy of tears

in the endless night

of endless worries

my heart is filled

like full moon tide

when and how in the

full moon night

I never know...

I myself cannot count

the numerous zeroes

in my bank pass book.

 

Then why should I say

I have nothing

I have the hulla ballu

in my daily life

of issues and themes

beyond your dreams,

it's my own property

not stolen nor borrowed

my evenings are crowded

with friends and relatives

the evening dies in chats

and swollen faces.

 

This is life:

somewhere the river dries up

elsewhere the storm

sweeps away life

the heart cracks

and again joins

with the new fevicol of compromise.

The desert sands sway

in the aroma of the thorn flower.

 

My body have

spring and summer

a touch of snowing winter

I am the queen of seasons

unblemished offering for deities

How can I say then

I am incomplete, empty?

 

My emptiness is also full

like gods unseen tears

I am full in love and separation

if anything is incomplete

that is absolutely my own

there is no word for it

no language is yet invented

No regrets for all that.


Sabita Sahu


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New