Sunday 7 August 2022

Reclaiming The Past

When I look backwards

I do not see how I was born

how the midwives techniques

trying to relief  mother’s pain.

 

How can I stretch my eyes back

to the prehistoric times

how man: the homosapiens

struggling to survive

the holistic environs!

 

Today I watch on  TV

the reclaiming of India’s culture

history, architecture

faith and artistic excellence:

Can I call those my own?

Is history personal

of a nation’s culture?

 

Can we decloud our inheritance

from the setteled layers of history,

but if the past is not mine

how can the future be.

 

May be I am not impersonal

an abstract entity

I have my history

I have my inheritance

which makes me not an individual

but a part of the human race.

everything revealed by time is mine.

 

I am man, woman, mankind

all temples, churches, mosques

war ravaged citadels

all graves, statues and

war torn memories are in me.

I am Human and proud to be so.


Sabita Sahu.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New