Sunday 20 March 2022

Needs

My half seen world reveals

the unseen like the lighted tunnel

inside my heart opening nowhere,

yet I run for life every moment.

 

My needs are simple: Food shelter

and matte lipstick on flashy wear,

this is not simple you may taunt

but I like to flaunt what is given

as the night queen in starry nights.

 

Now I need a clear blue sky

a world free from all preparations

for war's horrible fire celebration

I now need freedom from all needs.

Impossible you say? Yes impossible:

I excel in impossibilities.

 

Life means needs for body and mind

when the body is free the mind sinks

in the ocean of imagined needs

inviting the Black Sea to

expand

her shores swallowing all human needs.

Now tell me is there anything else

than body and mind to need in life

may be salvation which I don't need.

Between birth and death 

I need my life 

Yes my life.


Sabita Sahu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New