Sunday 27 March 2022

DRAUPADI - 65

  

Prafulla Kumar Mohanty's 

DRAUPADI - 65 

 

The birds looked in wonder

the little ones, the sparrows

took courage and flew in circles

and perched themselves in a row

on the thatch in chirpy humour.

Draupadi paused listening

the little ones then sang together

chewn chewn chwing chwing

and  sprang up into the air soaring

the sky in a grand formation.

Draupadi smiled to herself

Yes, that is the way to go.

I wish I had wings to soar

whatever I had now I am crippled.

A heavy weight of wingless time

has crushed over my world

I don't know when my time

will grow its wings to fly again.

But thank you for cheering

my drooping spirits to find myself

again to wait and hope - Draupadi!

called Bhima, there was a hint of

mischief in his mirthful voice,

Princess I am hungry serve me first,

I have brought a feast!              

The Madrisons appeared with baskets

the sages far away had a yajna

we have brought prasad

Elder brother is bringing fruits

let's eat for the next week:

Draupadi laughed, eat for the year

come after bath I will serve

on banana leaves.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New