Sunday 27 February 2022

No Diktats Please


God has given me a face

a body a mind and attitude

when you ask me to cover my face

when you ask me to follow the fashion world

when you ask me to follow religion

the temples of ancient wisdom

I doubt whether I am myself or

 a manipulated toy of patriarchy.

 

I know I am beautiful

I know I am sprightly

I am inquisitive to discover

the worlds beyond the horizon

beyond the dark infinity of secrets

to reach my complete self

in unadulterated soulforce

I know when I go to school I am myself

when I pilot in the sky or

toil in the coal mines

I am myself.

I am myself in the hospital bed

I  am a citizen but not

a constitutional being

I follow rules to live in society

I love my country my fellow beings

I do all these as a free being

with my identity of

body mind and soul:

don't use me as your slave

I reject all dictats

for I have my own conscience

to choose my authentic self.

 

Sabita Sahu.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New