Sunday 19 December 2021

Unplanned Journey


We have no choice to make

we come at someone's will

go at someone's will 

no matter what we do 

or choose not to.

 

Those who submit themselves

surrender to the commands

seemingly heard at nightfall

sing dance and play cymbals

in a high on - Marijuana or

something which is pure white

like god's conscience, they betray

their own will and conscience

console themselves - well this is faith.

 

But those like me who ride waves

fly kites at windy skies and

whisper love to video beams

sipping fruit juice never know

what the other peace or joy is

nor do they know the road they take

leads to New York or Beijing:

why should they be conscious of actions

which the mind wills at moments

matching them out of turbulent times?

 

I live, I just am, I think

I do and turn away: Is it not enough

in this journey from the womb to the grave?


Sabita Sahu.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New