Sunday 26 December 2021

Another Dawn

When the dawn raises

the curtain of night

the scarlet sun shines

for another day's world

to reveal new dimensions of life.

 

The world moves with its motion

some questions remain unsolved

some are buried and some move on.

Yet memories of yesterday's

crane their necks and meet

their fate like the previous night.

 

I wish I had a chance to

relate my dreams, desires and ideas

of my soul and mind where each

dawn would usher a new life

erasing the dumbness.

But here I see the hearts are burning

minds are in fumes

protectors turn destroyers

days and nights are unconnected

where freedom is surrendered

love becomes a business deal

how can my free soul accept this?

I reject to own such a new day

a new world a new life.


Sabita Sahu

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New