Sunday 12 September 2021

O' Mother


Returning from the crematorium

everyone sat down heads down:

I sat in my lonely room and prayed

my mother's face flashed before me

as if beckoning me for breakfast.

I stood up in a start

Yes Mom, I am coming

I am hungry of your love

kiss me with your beautiful face

hold me in your arms 

till I breathe your aroma 

to freshen me to face life again.

 

You know how I was

always naughty, 

always demanding

everything exclusive.

I felt I am only One, one human

and you my mother universe.

 

Now I see shadows around me

energies dissipating into hate:

You gave me love and strength

to face the stabs of life

now I am alone.


Don't be my memory

be my living strength

enter me vibrate my energies

to brighten the world.

 

Sabita Sahu

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New