Sunday 6 June 2021

Why the Whys

 


If you ask me

I have no answer

to my whys.

All my life I have

waded through swirling why's.

 

Why was Eve chosen by Satan

why did the serpent tempt

her to defy God?

Why Adam and Eve

were punished?

 

Did they defy god

to gain knowledge

and suffer the consequences

of being thrown to earth 

like mortals losing

 their secured immortality?

If god is the father why

didn't he pardon?

 

Why is the sky so high

why clouds float,

why sun rises

why moon shines for

half a month

shall I say all this happens

because of science

or the path of nature

that keeps on changing.

 

Why ignorance is bliss

and why do we seek knowledge

why we nurse ego

why rivalry in the name

of love and oneness

the list may not end

questions change

answers change

but WHY remains unchanged

you may laugh at my

foolish babblings.

There's no logic for your question

and no logic for my answer either.


Sabita Sahu.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New