Sunday 27 December 2020

Time Has Turned A Leaf

 


Shall I look up to  the New Year

for cleansing of the cobwebs

which has slowed me down

however, I feel  time is   my breath:

to hope there  must be a platform

the telescopes must be fungus free,

I don't see through the lens

I see with my cataract eyes

the smokey towers of Babal.

 

You say I should hope for good

dream of resurrection

eat humour and read witticism:

You know love  when you complain

I have only a sickbed time

to offer you longing for ICU

how do you think I will see Eden?


Is it just a  form to see bright

time's one more leaf has turned

opening to a new chapter

perhaps of joy and fulfilment

well then, so be it :

Let my New Year be wishful

fruitful orchards and songbirds

make my life a warbling paradise!


Sabita Sahu

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New