Sunday 22 November 2020

You Have Crowned Me


You have crowned me on many thrones

pulled me out of self imposed hibernation

my sloth my nervy agitation are over

I have gained in beauty fashions and

my vocabulary has now changed from

the rustic to the sophisticated.

 

I have become a moon gazer again

my mind receives the signals that you send

which in the past were lost pearls in wilderness

I now know  right and wrong when I choose

sin and merit do not bother me, I work

unhindered by duty and futile obedience. 

My mirror now reflects me not a made up face

by morals and mores of the authorities.

I am free to sing and treat humans

with the new eyes and   ears you have given.

 

But honest to god the crowns didn’t fit me

some loose ends still haunt me like the past

don’t frown, come and fix them up soon

and sit on my right to lead me on

 else the throne will have only three legs

and your dream will crash in vain.


Sabita Sahu

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New