Sunday 11 October 2020

What Is That?


 

Before falling on the bed I leave

My world and my specks with which I see it

On the bedside table and lo

The waves invite me the twinkling stars wink at me

My receding world bids goodbye

And I move between the starry waves

And twinkle which my own eyes rise up to.

 

The fantasy is so calm

The words I hear are so soft

My senses strain in expectant joy

The lies are so sweet

The visions are so beautiful

I fail to decide how to respond

Yet in the company of fairies

I float and swim

In the fantabulous symmetry.


In the morning when I wake up

And put on my specks

My world lost in fantasy

Returns with roaring distractions

My senses alerted

I rush to this and that

All the time asking

What is that, what is that?


Sabita Sahu


No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New