Sunday 2 August 2020

Arise My Pen

My Covid struck pen lay supine
dust settled my desk held its weight
This pen has recorded the Hero's exploits,
measured the hooves of the charging stallions
and also the tears of the victims
described the gold dust flying
from the flails of invaders
Golden temples and silvery moons
have fallen, lay covered
under the debris of time.

Today my pen coughs, sneezes
the ink flows in droplets of pain,
the masked men heaped like rotten
fruits are thrown into ditches
for feasting magpies to damnation
wherever I look I'm beaten by
the whimper of helpless men ghostlike
covered from top to toe
as if shrouded mankind
hides its history in shame.

Where do I find my Love
the promising saviour
the vaccine for torn lungs!
Is he headed towards inferno
searching for Beatrice in hellfire!

O' my pen, my long night's dawn
rise up, call him to kill this Corona
and sing of man's new history.

Sabita Sahu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New