Sunday 1 November 2020

Earth Mother's Resolve



Corona has wiped  off my smile
snatched away my children  raw and ripe
my motherhood is ashamed and abused
my vast seven sea girted state is now
a skeletal frame, all my children are in distress.


Whose curse has brought you Corona
Who has sought you like Aswathama's arrow?
But I'll save my Uttara and her child'
come on - I dare you fight with me.

My rivers, mountains, green valleys
will suck you, my fertile fields
my waters of sacred Ganga, Jamuna
will melt your body and you'll fall
in the sacred purgatorial flames
of my inner soul for final release.

I admit my children are stubborn, proud,
lustfully they invade my inner space
all my warning they defy and ignore
but bear their sins - I am the Mother.

I stretch the limits of forbearance
I too punish them, the arrogant fools
but you have no right to take them
my best and worst are all mine, my own.

Now return to the hole whence you came
my children are in a brown study
they regret, their heads are down
I have put them in solitary confinement
a loud shame has alienated them all.

I know the beginning and the end
You are an intruder, an enemy of  my creation
I'll reform my children with Love and Pardon
you get lost else I'll burn you
and wipe off your unseen hostility
without a trace on my bosom.

Sabita Sahu.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New