Sunday 9 February 2020

I Protest


I do not live in a sealed world
no signboards are on display here
I spread  the message of equality
in gender, religion and politics.

If you raise evil eye
on her rising breasts
I protest.

If you bar her from temple
for her procreative fluids
I protest.

If you imprison her
in your routine duty
I protest.

If you treat her as a slave
rape her without her consent
taking her for granted
I protest.

If the old age home is
the address of your parents
who made you
what you are
I protest.

But if you discount my entity
throw at me your lamplight laws
I'll rise in my fury
as the new climate to
blast your towers of glory
and spit fire on your eyes,
forgetting my role
you have assigned to me:
No, I am Nature in uniform
respect me as I am.

Sabita Sahu


No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New