Sunday 12 January 2020

Born At A Wrong Time.


When I came here
I thought
I am of the same species
as the others are
but am I ?
I see -
the creeping sophisticated
specimen elongate their hands,
the lovers betray every moment
the kings and rulers
who put their conscience
in the boxes and treasury-
I am  not of that species,
I am a human being with
a mind, soul and a heart
Yes- I know-
Pure gold.

Is this the place destined for me-
the human jungle,
where nature is beastly
What will I do here?
I came here with love-
love here is synthetic,
truth runs away
with a question mark,
but I will fulfill my destiny
create and worship everything
with truth and love.
They will beat me? - Let them
They will kill me ? - Let them
My death will be a sacrifice
to reestablish the species

for posterity to adore.

Sabita Sahu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New