Sunday 24 November 2019

The New Flute


He walks alone
on the wavy hills
playing the flute
golden and melodious
dispelling dry clouds
beyond the sky,
Who is he ?

Is he the waylost Krishna!
wandering aimless
after Kurukshetra
with the blood of mankind
spating his senses.
His guilty mind repenting
in golden music or is he
a pathfinder walking for
his magic discovery.

Is he immune from hunger
and thirst?
Does he sleep
in the thorny forest
lonely and wild?
Is he searching for me,
for my arms to lull
him to sleep in my lap.
He must have lost his way
waiting to sing another
Gita for Man.

I'll walk rising up
from my seat of worries
new and old,
without me he is incomplete
He cannot create another Gita
nor create the rhythm of life,
Let me rush I am late
wasting time in idle talk.

Sabita Sahu

1 comment:

Forever New