Sunday 20 October 2019

Faith


Do I need a faith to live a life
directed by others' choices,
regulations and practices
observing  rituals to go to
some heaven about which
no one is certain?

When the sea breeze
touches  my senses my faith
grows  in majestic loveliness.
The smell of my love's chest
entices me more than the rose garden.
When my child learns to walk
holding my hand I feel  
the joy of heaven
and share with friends, neighbours
the unseen future
the joy of  life's faith.
Is not my daily chores
religious rituals and more humane?

They say I must visit temple
or church to build faith-
Why????
Haven't we divided the world
along church steeples
and temple peaks?
Haven't we shed enough blood
by reciting Om and Azan.

My faith is in the
naughtiness of  my children,
the sulk of my lover,
the medicine bills of my parents,
I whisper to life -
Why are you away - come
make the bliss of heaven for me.
Life itself is the greatest faith.
Love -  the only festival.
Those are my rituals
do not disturb my Faith- Please.

Sabita Sahu






No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New