Sunday 11 August 2019

Know Me What I am !


Why tears roll down  my cheeks
heart palpitates when I think of you!
You say I do not care for you.
Why then a stabbing pain throbs
my heart when I touch you?
You say I am lifeless
How then when our lips meet,
bosoms press tight like mating birds;
you say I am inert, a sod
yet my heart misses beats
when your eyes wander far off.

When I listen to your flowing words
for endless hours I go dumb
and you say I listen because
I have nothing to say,and do not
send the ball back to you.

My love for you deepens
where age and looks have no count
Yet you say I look for attractions
which my lost youth never did.

No doubt the trust is scanned
efforts to get closer fail, but
the heart and soul are full
of the same love to match yours
although  unfelt, unseen ,unsaid.
But I am no Mira to prove
my love is true and divine.

 Sabita Sahu









No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New