Monday 19 August 2019

I am The Butterfly Of Mehul Forest


Bowing down I have  never
displayed my smallness ever
nor bent my knees for mercy
never ask for gold mansions
never expected gifts or presents
I am the butterfly of Mehul forest,
where is the strength in my wings?
To hold your empire's scepter
to fire shafts from your quiver.

I am happy with the fragrance,
colours enchant me
I have lived thus through love
I fly with pride, not begging
or asking cajoling , flattering
I call my soul with songful air.

Don't feed me with rubies
like a caged bird
don't smear my delicate body
with arrogance
leave me alone in the
revolution of birth and death
in this changeful earth;
for the love of love for love's worship
in verses of undying lyrics
that is  my palace melody
the success of my grace and beauty
the glory of life in mortality
in this world of laughs and tears.

Sabita Sahu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New